As of 2023, we are rebooting our Training School. Initially the training was meant for European volunteers starting their year of volunteering, but in the coming year we will also extend the training to young people from our region of The Netherlands. The training is both for being sent out and for hosting volunteers from other countries in our region.
We like to look at it as a beehive of volunteers coming and going to and from the Bridgebuilders Community at the Vierslag, spreading our good will, cross-pollinating good values and plant outposts of faith, hope and love across Europe.
The training involves different modules that will equip volunteers to do various specific tasks related to building bridges.
We have a separate Facebook page on the training. If you are interested, apply by email to our Training Coordinator.
TRAINING for leaders, midworkers and professionals
Youth leaders from different nations and denominations in Europe and North America meet for training and for a project to review and re-ignite the concept of local youth ministry within our fragmented post-Christian western youth culture. After the week of training, leaders help form and lead new youth groups in their respective towns, churches and countries. Together these leaders form a team in THE YOUTH FACTORY to help each other overcome the various obstacles to be expected when bringing together young people with a 21st century mindset.
The week of training takes place within the International Youth Festival in the middle of Germany in July 2023. The central office for the training is Kruiningen, in the Vierslag centre.
There are Seven Different Tracks covered during this week:
1. Comparative analysis of the 21st Century youth culture
2. Understanding the Bridgebuilders youth missions concept
3. The importance of our European Christian heritage in relation to youth ministry
4. Connecting youth from different cultures and churches
5. Working with the Bricks cross cultural training curriculum
6. Local Impact: innovative support strategies for creating local impact
7. Rebuilding a Biblical foundation in a secular generation